Sunday, December 4, 2011

Final Reflection- "Final Farewell to English 102"

Final Farewell to English 102
            It has been an interesting semester in English 102, with all the research, deadlines, and planning.  Over the semester I feel I have improved from the beginning of the semester, I still need improvement in certain areas, and I think what I have learned will help me in future school assignments.
            During the semester I think I have improved on research, and writing a works cited page.  I did not have much experience with this in English 101, so it was something I had to remember from high school.  Before this class I would simply Google any information I needed and that would be the end of it.  However, English 102 has taught me to take a look at the source I am getting my information from.  I now make sure that it is a credible source, it has been updated recently, and that there are more ways to get information besides Google. 
            Thesis statements have never been easy for me.  I struggled with them a lot this semester.  I was offered help from my teacher but did not follow through with that, and I wish I had.  Just because this class is over, I will continue to figure out how to form a correct thesis and statement and how to incorporate it in the conclusion.  I do not think I know enough on thesis statements and hope to improve them in the future. 
            Annotated bibliography is something I have never done before and although it was a lot of work, I found it to be very beneficial.  I got very frustrated doing an annotated bibliography because I felt I was basically writing my paper.  Although I found creating the bibliography was time consuming, and a lengthy process, it really did put my paper together.  Creating an annotated bibliography was somewhat of a rough draft, so when you went to write the paper it was already done.  I found it very useful and I think in the future with other classes I need to do research on I will use an annotated bibliography.
            It has been a fun, and challenging semester but I am definitely ready to say farewell to writing papers, at least for a while.  I learned things I never knew how to do, need to continue working on how to provide a proper thesis statement, and will use annotated bibliographies throughout the rest of my schooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment