Sunday, December 4, 2011

Teen Mom Take Two

Teen Mom Take Two

            After becoming a teen parent at seventeen I swore to myself that  I would stay on track and continue college.  At this point in my life I had my sixteen month old daughter, was living with Daniel, my boyfriend, working full-time at a doctors office, and going to school at Boise State University.  Daniel was also working full-time and going to Boise State University with me. 
            We were right on track with our plans of going to school, staying employed, and taking care of our little girl Destini.  Daniel and I were just nineteen years old and had now been together for two years.  We talked about marriage and if we thought that was going to be in the cards for us and we both agreed it was something we wanted to do.  Although we were only nineteen we had goofed around about possibly having another baby.  We wanted to give Destini a sibling and made the decision we only wanted two kids.  After discussing it more we wanted to wait on having another baby until after college.  Of course I would not be telling you this story if our plans had gone right.
            About a three weeks after deciding we wanted to postpone having another baby, I got a familiar symptoms I had experienced not too long ago.  I woke up on the day I should have gotten my time of the month and it did not come.  I immediately got a pregnancy test and it had read “+”.  I raced upstairs to tell Daniel, who was still asleep, and said “Daniel, I took a test and it said I am pregnant”.  He then replied, “Oh, sweet”.  I was shocked at his reaction and I, myself was feeling very nervous about doing it all over again but it was just weeks ago that we were wanting another baby. 
            Again Daniel and I were blessed with a sweet baby girl, Sydni.  We not exactly planned on having Sydni but we love her so much.  Destini and Sydni are two years apart and are now at ages four and two.  Both are healthy and are quite smart for their ages.  I was a teen mom not once, but twice.  I love being a mom and raising my girls.  I am back I school, and strive to do well in all that I do.  I am doing all that I do not only for myself but for my girls.  Daniel and I got married a year ago and I am happy that I now have a complete family.  I will not be having any more children because two is definitely enough for Daniel and I.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your family! It is wonderful that you are so willing to share your experiences!

    ReplyDelete